Villa Beausoleil

The current state of the world, plus recipes...

Name:
Location: Boston, MA

I try to keep up with the news, obsessively read my favorite blogs and try not to burn things while I'm surfing the internet...

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Always-Ready Vinaigrette

Not so much a recipe as a useful idea.... I keep a small glass bottle on my kitchen counter with a screw lid. I think it originally contained fancy maple syrup. Then I carefully pour a little salt, pepper, dried basil, and other herbs I feel like into the bottle, and maybe a small clove of garlic, sliced in pieces big enough to just squeeze through the neck. Then I pour in some red-wine vinegar, and fill almost to the top with olive oil. (I use about 1:3 vinegar to oil). Shake. Taste on a lettuce leaf and adjust seasonings as needed. Voila! A great all-purpose vinaigrette, that can be topped up as needed. And it's always ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home